Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cell Phone Hype


The Big Announcement!

                                     
Is it me or do the cell phone manufacturers seem to be announcing their new phones several months before they actually release them?  At least it seems that way in the U.S.  The latest example I would have to use is the new Samsung Galaxy S III.  They announced it on May 3rd, but the release date was the same old song and dance for the U.S., sometime "this summer".  It seems to me that by the time the phone is released, there is another manufacturer announcing their new phone.  When that happens, it makes me want to wait for the next one because it usually has better specs.

I can say that I don't jump ship from carrier to carrier for new phones, nor do I break a contract to get an E.T.F. (early termination fee) just to get the newest, coolest phone being released.  If it is something that I feel like I can't live without, I might, but everything out and coming out are all pretty close in specs, bells, and whistles.

I must say that the Samsung Galaxy S III and the new HTC One X and S (or EVO 4g) are great devices, but I also think that with rumors that are put out there (on purpose I would imagine) keeps a lot of people waiting to see what the next best thing is going to be.  I must say, I do.

In case you are wondering, I have been on AT&T and T-Mobile.  I am currently on Verizon and Sprint.  I do love the Nexus devices, as I am a Vanilla kind of guy.

Please let me know what you think about the way they announce and release phones and if it drives you crazy or not.



3 comments:

  1. Nice blog dad!!! Happy b-day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are just bieng geeky right now...i luv u dad...still...nice blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doing a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete